Dental implants are a popular solution for replacing missing teeth and restoring oral health. However, finding the right dental implant provider can be challenging, especially with the many dental professionals available. Choosing the right provider is crucial, as the success of your dental implant treatment depends on their experience, skills, and reputation.
Tips for Picking the Best Implant Dentist
- Look for a dentist that’s a member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID). This organization requires its members to have significant experience and training in implant dentistry.
- Check for certifications and accreditations. A dental implant provider should be a diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI) or the American Board of Oral Implantology/Implant Dentistry (ABOI/ID).
- Research the dentist’s experience. Look for an implant dentist who has placed many dental implants, as this indicates they have the necessary expertise and skill.
- Read reviews. Look for feedback from patients who have received dental implant treatment from the provider you’re considering. Check for before and after photos or videos of results from the dentist.
- Accepts your insurance plan or works with financing options. Dental implants can be a costly treatment. By finding an implant provider who works with your insurance or offers financing options, you can reduce your out-of-pocket costs.
Other factors to keep in mind when picking an implant dentist may include:
- Convenient location
- Hours of operation and availability
- The dental office atmosphere
- Friends and family referrals
- Do they use modern technology?
Our Farmington Dentists Have the Experience You’re Looking for
With decades of experience between our Farmington dentists, you’ll achieve the smile you’re dreaming of. As recognized members of the AAID, our dentists are qualified and reliable, offering comprehensive care to patients of all ages. We’ll work with your insurance providers, and offer financing options when needed. Achieve the perfect smile with the help of dental implants. Contact our dentists in Farmington to set up your consultation today.
Questions to Ask Dental Implant Providers
One of the best ways to determine the best implant provider for you is to ask questions. Screening questions you may consider asking your implant dentist include:
- What’s your experience with dental implant surgery?
- How many dental implant procedures do you perform a year?
- How do you handle complications or issues that may arise during the implant process?
- Can you provide before-and-after photos of patients you have treated with dental implants?
- What type of anesthesia or sedation options do you offer for the procedure?
- How much experience do you have with using computer-guided implant surgery?
- How much will my dental implant treatment cost? And do you accept insurance?
If you feel an implant provider has met all of your specific criteria, it’s time to schedule your consultation.