All-on-4 dental implants are implant-supported dentures that use four implants to support a full-arch replacement for missing teeth. A dentist places the implants in strategic locations in the jawbone and attaches custom-made dentures to them. The denture design looks and functions like natural teeth, allowing patients to eat, speak, and smile with ease.
The All-on-4 implant system takes advantage of the patient’s existing bone structure, with the placement of the implants allowing for optimal support for the prosthetic teeth. Dentists often recommend this for patients who have limited jawbone density, as it allows them to receive implant-supported teeth without the need for additional bone grafting procedures.
Who Needs All-On-4 Dental Implants?
All-on-4 dental implants may be an excellent option for those who have lost most or all of their teeth. They’re also an option for people who have a limited amount of jawbone and aren’t candidates for traditional implant placement. Additionally, patients who aren’t comfortable with removable dentures may benefit from All-on-4 implants.
Advantages of the All-on-4 implant system include:
- All-on-4 dental implants can support a full arch of replacement teeth with just four implants, which is less invasive than traditional implant placement.
- They can replace an entire arch of teeth in just one day, allowing patients to leave the dental office with a new smile the same day.
- All-on-4 dental implants look, feel, and function like natural teeth, allowing patients to eat, speak, and smile proudly.
- They also help preserve the jawbone, preventing bone loss and maintaining a more youthful appearance.
Disadvantages of All-On-4
All-on-4 can be an excellent option for tooth replacement. However, there are some disadvantages to keep in mind:
- All-on-4 dental implants are more expensive than traditional implants, and the cost can vary depending on the individual case.
- They require a longer healing time compared to traditional dental implants.
- There’s a higher risk of implant failure, as all four implants are required to support the full arch of replacement teeth.
Frequently Asked Questions
All-on-4 dental implants can last a lifetime when cared for properly. Patients should maintain a good oral hygiene routine, attend regular dental checkups and cleanings, and avoid habits that can damage the implants, such as smoking or biting hard objects.
The All-on-4 dental implant procedure is typically performed under local anesthesia or IV sedation, so patients shouldn’t feel any pain. Some patients may experience mild discomfort and swelling for a few days after implant surgery, but this can be managed with over-the-counter pain medications and cold compresses.
Yes. Since All-on-4 dental implants are designed to look and function like natural teeth, patients can eat and speak normally. However, it may take some time for patients to adjust to their new teeth, and speech therapy may be recommended in certain cases.
All-On-4 Dental Implants May be Right for You
If you’re interested in All-on-4 dental implants, the first step is to schedule a consultation with a qualified dental professional. During this consultation, your dentist or implant specialist will evaluate your dental health, discuss your treatment goals, and determine if the All-on-4 dental implant system is the right solution for you.
Are you located in the Farmington, NM, area? Contact our dentists today to schedule your consultation.