Porcelain Veneers for Quick Stunning Smiles
Many patients go to great lengths to get the smile of their dreams, but oftentimes they’re not ideal candidates for treatments like dental implants or teeth whitening. Fortunately, at Desert Hills Dental Care our dentists offer porcelain veneers, a quick and easy to achieve a beautiful smile.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin, durable shells that adhere to the front of your teeth. These shells enhance the appearance of your smile by concealing minor flaws and cosmetic imperfections. Porcelain veneers can be applied in as few as two visits to our Farmington office.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Cosmetic imperfections porcelain veneers can conceal include:
- Chips or cracks
- Discoloration, stains, & yellowing
- Wear and erosion
- Significant gaps
Besides covering cosmetic imperfections, porcelain veneers offer other benefits, including:
- Discreet, natural-looking treatment
- Added protection against temperature sensitivity
- Stain resistance
- Enamel strengthening
The Porcelain Veneers Process
Our dentists can place your veneers in as few as two visits to our Farmington office. Here’s what to expect:
- You’ll have a consultation with one of our skilled dentists, where they’ll examine your teeth, review your medical history and discuss your smile goals with you. This information will help them to determine if porcelain veneers are right for you.
- Once your dentist has determined that porcelain veneers will be an effective treatment, we’ll take digital impressions of your teeth. These impressions will serve as a blueprint for your veneers and ensure that your veneers look and feel perfect.
- These images will be sent to a special lab where your veneers will be crafted, a process that typically takes two to four weeks. Once your custom-made veneers are ready, you’ll return to our Farmington office to have them placed.
- To prepare your teeth for the placement of your veneers, one of our dentists will safely remove a small portion of your tooth enamel.
- Your dentist will let you check the color and the shape of the veneer to ensure it’s to your liking before applying the veneer to the surface of your tooth with a special dental adhesive.
- After this step is completed, you’ll leave our Farmington office with a new, stunning smile.
Frequently Asked Questions
Receiving porcelain veneers is a virtually painless experience. Our dental professionals will administer local anesthetic beforehand, ensuring you won’t feel a thing during the procedure. You may experience some mild discomfort after the numbness subsides, but this should fade within a few days and is easily managed with over-the-counter pain medication.
While veneers aren’t a permanent solution to cosmetic imperfections, they can last up to fifteen or even thirty years if cared for properly. To improve the longevity of your veneers, you’ll want to follow a few guidelines:
- Refrain from tooth-staining foods and beverages such as red wine, berries, and coffee
- Avoid eating hard foods such as ice, candy, popcorn, and nuts
- Wear a mouth guard to prevent teeth grinding (bruxism)
- Brush your teeth twice a day, floss daily, and rinse your mouth between meals
- Visit Dental Hills Dental Care at least every six months for routine cleanings and exams
If your veneer falls off, don’t attempt to reattach it yourself, as this may cause further damage. Instead, contact our office immediately by calling (505) 327-4863 or fill out our convenient online contact form. We’ll ensure you get in for an appointment as soon as possible and make your smile beautiful again by fixing your veneer.
In the meantime, put the veneer in a small container to keep it safe so you can bring it to your appointment for re-application. If we can’t reapply it, we’ll make a recommendation for new veneers.
There are many reasons patients choose veneers. You may be a good candidate for porcelain veneers if you want to:
- Conceal broken or chipped teeth
- Even out the appearance of your teeth
- Conceal teeth that have been fractured
- Cover stains resistant to a whitening agent
- Make small teeth appear larger
Porcelain Veneers Beautify and Strengthen Your Smile
Porcelain veneers can help you feel confident in your smile by concealing cosmetic dental flaws while adding protection against sensitivity and enamel damage.
To schedule an appointment with one of our Farmington dentists, contact Desert Hills Dental Care at (505) 327-4863 or fill out our convenient online contact form. With porcelain veneers, our skilled dentists can quickly and comfortably give you a smile you’ll feel proud to show off.